CALL 911 if you have a medical emergency
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS OR COVID-19?
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2, previously known by the provisional name 2019 novel coronavirus, is a positive-sense single-stranded RNA virus.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
For more information, please refer to CDC guidelines.